EDGE Forum is a group of leading educational institutions from public and private sector committed to promoting highest standards of education, value systems and governance in the field of higher education. It will particularly address the questions of improving the quality of education in several dimensions like education governance, human resource management, cutting-edge technologies, holistic approach to education infrastructure and above all adoption of best practices. It will serve as an analytical and authoritative source for policy recommendations on higher education.
All EDGE Forum founder members shall create and adopt a Code of Conduct which will include, but is not limited to following:
- Transparent and Professional Governance.
- Merit Driven Transparent Admission Process.
- Principle of accountability at all levels.
- No compromise on quality.
- Promote excellence in all aspects of higher education.
- Support system for financially weaker section students for inclusive growth.
Aims and Objectives:
- Encourage educational institutions in India to adopt contemporary best practices and be future ready for global leadership.
- Will provide thought leadership through continuous dialogue and engagements with global Institutions.
- Project true strengths of higher education and professional education of India to the international community.
- Become an active and interactive body which develops, nurtures, strengthens and sustains national and international peer networks of high quality education institutions, academicians, professionals, government and business leaders.
- Establish and continue dialogue with the policy makers and all stakeholders of education sector to adopt and advocate apt innovative policies reflecting aspects of excellence, inclusion and expansion.
- Facilitate experience sharing, adoption of best practices, action learning and support members to consistently raise the quality bar so as to become a ‘premium value league’.
- Motivate and empower Indian higher education institutions to internationalize.
- Promote trans-national cooperation between education institutions from different countries
- Develop active industry-academia collaborations to improve quality and relevance for the holistic development of students and for better career options
- Bring together Institutions and Organizations from India and abroad for reflection and action on common concerns in the higher education sector.
- Advocate and nurture open debate and dialogue amongst the thought leaders.
- Foster cooperation among the Indian educational institutions.
- Contribute towards understanding of current trends and policy developments in the educational sector.